1. Who is Anything Painted On Canvas and where are you located?
1. Who is Anything Painted On Canvas and where are you located? Our business office is located in Florence, AZ. USA. We are a very meticulous USA company that commissions only very experienced and talented artists. These artists are specifically chosen based on their years of experience and their talented abilities.
2. Where do your oil painting portraits come from? Our process begins here in Florence Arizona, USA. We provide "Art Design" for those with photos that require special attention. One of or possibly even the most important part of the painting process is to create the scene first. We do this with computer graphics. Only after you have approved the computer sketch will we send it to one of our highly qualified artists. Our portrait artists come from around the globe. We are creating new jobs for professional and experienced artists with a smaller income. This is how we are able to offer you an affordable Museum Quality oil painting.
3. What is your return policy? We are so confident you will be absolutely delighted with your oil portrait painting from photo that we offer 15 days from time of delivery, a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. No questions asked! It just simply doesn't get any better than this. We will be sending you a digital proof for you to review. We anticipate your oil painting portrait will not require any alterations. However, just in case we will revise any painting until you are fully satisfied. Please keep in mind there is a 2 business day wait per alteration. If for any reason you are still not 100% satisfied with your new portrait after 3 alterations, then we will refund at your request, all of your money including any shipping fees. If you have provided us an approval and we ship your item to you and you choose not to keep the artwork, just send it back to us (with an RA # provided by us and we will refund your purchase in full minus a small fee to cover our initial cost of shipping and handling. (for complete details on our return policy, please view our policy located at the bottom of each page)
4. Do You have a Price Guarantee on your oil painting portraits from photo? For the same quality of product. USA based company. Of course we do. Do we need to? No Just look at our prices. We are in most cases more than half the price of what others are charging for the same or less workmanship. We know that if we commission only the best and most talented artists and provide the highest grade of canvas, you will return again and again with your friends, family and co-workers. There just simply put, is not a better price and service for top museum quality workmanship from a USA based company anywhere.
5. Why are your prices so much lower than your competitors? Our competitors, just like any business, are in business to make profits. We work on lower profit margins and higher volumes, while maintaining the highest level of quality and service.
6. What quality of photo do you need to produce a high quality oil painting portrait? For best results, we prefer that you send us the highest quality image that you have. If scanning your photo, we prefer that it is scanned at a minimum 300dpi. Please send us your photos. Whatever it's quality, we will be more than happy to evaluate the photos and supply you with the results of our evaluation within 24 hours.
7. What type of format should my photo's be in? We prefer to use either .jpg or .gif. We can use others including .png, .bmp, .tif, and .tga. If you are using other formats please try to send it to us in either .jpg or .gif . If you are unsure, please send us the photo in the format it is in and if we have trouble opening this format we will contact you. When saving or sending photos via our web-server, please do not use special characters in your file name. Examples of special characters include !, /, #, $, @, ^, * Most servers cannot read these file names and therefore, cannot be opened.
8. What about Black and White Photos to a Color Oil portrait Painting? Not a problem! We love changing black and white to color. However, due to the personal likes and dislikes of each individual person, the color tones of choice by the artist may be different than that of your own. For this reason only, we will not be offering our return policy on this type of oil painting from photo. We will allow for 3 minor alterations after we send you a final proof of your painting. We will only make minor adjustments to color, (lips, eyes, etc) and we will not be able to offer you any major color changes (background, clothing, facial tones, etc.). Please try to give us as much detail as possible about colors. Especially pay attention to eye color, hair color, clothing, and facial tones.
9. How do I review my oil painting portrait? Once your oil painting portrait is completed, the artist will take a digital photo of your completed original oil painting and forward it to our offices. Each oil portrait painting is meticulously inspected before sending the digital photo to you. The majority of our client's are overjoyed with the amount of detail that went into their oil portrait painting and with their first review. Most of our customers do not wish to make alterations, however, should you feel that a modification should be made, we will be more than happy to make any alteration required to ensure your complete happiness and 100% free of charge.
Standard Time Frame and Shipping: Delivery time frame is 14-19 Business days (usually about 3-1/2 to 4 weeks). If you have alterations made after the painting is completed, please be prepared for an extra 1 - 2 days drying time. (please add 1-2 extra business days per subject)
Express Time Frame and Shipping: Completion is up to 5 business days. We will send you an email of your completed painting. Once approved, we will ship your painting (4-5 business days). Total time to your door is 7-10 business days (1-1/2 to 2 Weeks). For more complex paintings or paintings with excess of 2 subjects your painting could be delayed 1-2 additional days. If you require a revision to your painting, please add up to an additional 2 business days for completion and drying time. A business day is Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
FRAMES: If you are adding a frame to your order or having us professionally stretch your painting. Please allow an additional 1-2 business days to the super express delivery time. No further adjustment to the time frame is necessary for the standard shipping.
12. How do I download my picture from my computer? If you already have your photo on your computer, it is in a file or on the desktop of your computer. Think of your computer like it is a big filing cabinet. A Filing Cabinet has folders. Inside that folder are all your alphabetized files. When you need a file it can easily found. You do the same with your photograph. Think of it as a file. As soon as you go to our check out process, we will prompt you to upload a photo. Simply press the browse button. This will take you to all the files and folders on your computer. If you have your photo on your desktop, press the desktop icon, If it is in another folder simply browse the folder where you put the photo and click on it.
14. Will my oil portrait painting be hand autographed by the Artist? Normally the artist will not autograph his work, however, if you prefer to have an autographed painting simply type into the instruction at check-out, Please Autograph.
15. I have alterations that I would like done to my new oil portrait from photo? At checkout you are presented with an upload your photo. Underneath that is an area for you to type in your special instructions. Do not worry about the small space. You can type as much as you like in it. If you have long instructions you may wish to type them in your word processor and cut and paste it into that box. Once you have started the checkout process, you will be able to view your request before submitting.
16. I have just submitted my order and now I have another request. Just send us your request. Our email address can be found using the link at the bottom of each page under contact us. We will contact the artist. We only ask that you do not request major changes to the layout once the artist has started your oil painting portrait.
17. I have several subjects and different photos that I would like placed onto one oil painting portrait? Yes, we will be delighted. We have room for up several uploads of Photos at our check-out. If you need more, you can always send it by email with your detailed instructions.
What type of oil paintings from a photo will you create? It is like our name says, "Anything Painted On Canvas". We have a vast variety of very talented and experienced artists in all aspects of oil painting.
18. What types of oil portrait paintings from photo don't you paint? We will not paint hardcore pornographic material. We will not create any type of a painting that is knowingly unlawful. We may have no way of knowing that the material you send us is indeed free of copyright laws or is legally admissible in your particular country under your Government's Customs. We are acting on your behalf to bring professional artists to create a beautiful oil painting from your photo. It is ultimately your responsibility to check the admissibility of such items.
19. Will you paint nude oil painting portraits from my photo? Yes, we will paint nude oil portraits as a beautiful piece of art. We do not display these oil paintings on our website for reasons, that it may offend some of our clientel. We do not paint hardcore pornographic content and prefer not to see yours. We are sure you know what the difference is between hardcore and art, so we don't think we need to explain it in any detail. We do reserve the right to reject an image due to it's extreme graphic nature, in which case you will receive a prompt refund.
20. What type of alterations do you offer with the oil portraits from photo? Adding or removing subjects, changing orientation, changing background, changing background color, combining photo's, + much more. Please send us your photos for a free evaluation..
Here are some common examples of personal changes from your photo to your oil portrait painting that does not require art design. : Redeye removal, removal of a tattoo, glasses, jewelry, color of hair, color of fingernails, color of eyes, change the color of clothing.
Here are some examples of art design. Natural posiing, change clothing, replace head, move position of body parts, rebuilding faces, make me young or old, create me a complete scene, make me muscular, make me thin. We really can't think of anything that we can't do, our answer has always been yes.
21. I don't understand this computer stuff. Is there a service that offers scanning of my photos and sending them to you by email? Yes, There are many photo processors, office supply stores, faxing and local shipping stores that specialize in handling this request for a small fee. Simply make your purchase and in the special instructions box type Photos to be e-mailed later
22. I am sending my photos to you using regular mail. What size would you prefer? For best results, please try to send us a photo that is no smaller than 4” x 6” or larger than 8” x 10”. If you are making a digital print, it is better to use our checkout or send the attachment to our email, if that is not possible, please try to send us the highest resolution. For best results, we suggest no lower than 300 dpi. It is always better to send us a digital copy by upload or email. There are many local services near you that provide this service and is many time less expensive than mailing. Fedex Office, Staples, Copy Quick, Walgreens, Walmart, just to name a few. Be sure to take your own storage devise (flash card, blank dvd, sd card, etc), or you could encur additional or inflated disc charges
23. How will my beautiful new oil painting portrait be packaged? Your oil portrait is packaged for safe travel and rolled into a protective hard cardboard or plastic tube. If you are purchasing a frame, your painting will be shipped in a protected and reinforced cardboard box.
24. I would like my oil painting portrait stretched and I would like a Frame. Where do I go for that? We offer framing up to 30x40 Inch. Due to the high cost of shipping larger frame types and the volatile nature of larger frames we suggest that you purchase a frame and have it stretched locally. Odds are your beautiful oil portrait painting rolled into a protective tube will arrive safely to your home.Do you offer a framing service? Yes, please check the available prices and sizes on our during check-out.
What is the benefit of buying a framing service from you? We hava a beautiful selection of the most popular colors and styles. Our frames are made using only solid woods (no pressboard). We offer both 3 Inch and 4-1/2 Inch frames. The width of the frame material is very important when comparing and this ultimately has a huge visual effect on the final product. While a thin 2 Inch frame shows nicely in a smaller painting, a 2 inch frame in the larger sizes 16x20 or greater does not display on the wall quite as well. The 3 Inch frame looks outstanding on all paintings or sketch art , while the decorative ornate 4-1/2 Inch wide frame adds that extra elegance to your artwork.
25. How much will it cost me for local stretching and a frame for my oil painting portrait? Of course frame stretchers can vary in price depending on the size of your oil painting and how much they believe they are worth. Typically a 20 x 24 oil painting can run $40-$50, a stretching frame $15-$20. and decorative frames can run $10 to hundreds of dollars depending on the type and size of the frame. In comparing our framing material to local retailers, we have found our pricing to be as much as 50% less for the same type quality and construction.
26. Which orientation should I use? Landscape (width is longer than height) or Portrait (height is longer than width). This is a very important question and please take your time with this concern. Some Portraits will look best in a Landscape Orientation while other's would look better with a Portrait Orientation. Please try to envision your new oil painting portrait on the wall. Keeping in mind what is the major draw to the portrait. If you are having subject's as your main focus, then it is better to have them as large as you can make it, while still fitting comfortably within the frame. Example: If you are having 2-4 subjects half body, closely grouped together in your painting, then it may be better to go with Portrait . This way the artist is able to make the faces the largest maximum size per square inch of the oil portrait painting, giving much more detail to what is important. (The people in the portrait) Another example: 4 people in the oil painting portrait, one level across, You may wish to use the Landscape Orientation for this. Once again, the artist is able to use the width to his advantage, making the subject's faces to the largest maximum size per sq. inch of the oil painting portrait . If you unsure, you can choose for us to decide or just send us in the photo's for evaluation. We will be more than happy to make recommendations before making your final decision.
27. I am afraid of giving my credit card information over the Internet. We use Verisign as our credit card encryption services and have gone through extreme measures to ensure not only the security of our servers but as well our business computers. For extra measures, we do not store any credit card information on our business computers. With Verisign your privacy and confidentiality are very secure. Many website owners do not adhere to the strict policies we offer because of overhead costs associated with this security. If you are still uncomfortable sending your credit card information over the Internet, we will except paypal or take your credit card information over the phone. You may also send us a money order, or check. (your oil painting will not be started until funds have cleared). For faster service in the USA, please send us a USPS Money Order and your oil painting will be started upon receiving it. Any other form of payment must wait for clearance before we can start on your acrylic, sketch art, pastel or oil painting.
28. What about special taxes, duties or customs: If you live in the United States, we have not encountered any special taxes or import restrictions for paintings on these smaller amounts. However, we cannot be held responsible for any special taxes, duties or customs in any country. If you live or ship in the state of Arizona, you will be required to pay sales tax at check out. If you live or ship outside of the state of Arizona, it is your responsibility to comply with the local and state tax rules. If you live anywhere else in the world you may or may not be required to pay a small fee to your government for import and duty. We do not know what the extent of that may be. Each country is different and we suggest you look that information up at the country in which you reside or plan to have the item shipped to. We are not responsible for the particular content that your country allows you to bring into that particular country. Example: Your country may have a specific religious belief that does not allow for any specific religious type of oil paintings to cross into that country. It is your responsibility to understand the customs of your own country and we act only as a facilitator / broker for you. We act strictly as a resource between you and the artist of the originating country in which the painting is made. Since we provide this service to all as a facilitator/broker it is up to the artist of the originating country to declare such value (generally much less than actual value).
29. How do I ensure that my painting is not used for marketing purposes? Please include in the instructions at check out, this statement "Opt Out Marketing" Your photos and your painting will be held in strict confidence.
30. Do you charge for adding words to the painting? We do not charge for the first 7 Words and we do not charge for a hand painted plaque. Please review our per wording fee for adding more than 7 words to your painting at check-out.
31. What is your oil painting process? Is there electronic involvement in the painting? Our paintings are 100% painted from scratch on a new piece of canvas using a sketch process and 100% by hand. Our painting methods "Old School" insures that you have years of beauty, depth in character, and artwork that looks like a painting and not like a photo. For those of you who don't know, there are some that claim to make 100% hand painted paintings, when in fact they could very well be painted over a thinner printed canvas. This is commonly called painting over "Giclee" "zhee-clay" Meaning digital print. this is a relatively inexpensive method of painting that either a lessor experienced artist may use or an artist may use to save on time. Very similar to paint by number only this would be considered paint by color. AnythingPaintedOnCanvas.com does not use this method.
Copyrights are placed on our images for internal purposes only, and are not part of any final painting.